Anticipation is today’s photo prompt!
Tis the season of anticipation, it seems to me! I could make a list, not in any particular order, of course:
- Ending one year, looking forward to another;
- Awaiting the good news that one of my poems, Prelude to Innisfree, was accepted by Poetry Breakfast. Please stop by for a read!
- Listening to one of my all-time favourite songs by Carly Simon;
- Arrival of first grandchild — first holiday celebrations with this little guy;
- Spring — you might be wondering about this seasonal anticipation but it is soundly based in the unusual bird population that has been visiting the backyard this year; and, on that note, I will share a photo that I took of a previously unseen feathered visitor that I saw this morning. If you recognize this bright spot, please comment below. Despite several tries, I could only get a head-down photo. 🙂
By the way, if you get a chance to read my poem, I share that it is based on childhood memory of enjoying produce from the garden. I did not realize how meticulous my efforts might appear to visiting cousins or siblings, but those sandwiches sure tasted great! My culinary expertise has earned a bit of a reputation, I understand.
Also, before I sign off for the weekend, here is a link to The Lake Isle of Innisfree, where, thanks to early technology, you can hear a reading of this poem by the poet, himself. William Butler Yeats has been one of my most admired poets, that I discovered in high school, a few years after the onion sandwich craze. 🙂
Have a great weekend, All.
Stay safe in the snow!